Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer means...

I am definitely enjoying this summer vacation away from college courses; I have been able to spend a bit more time with my camera trying to figure out ways to maximize its features, while at the same time working towards improving my skills (and trying to save up for a better camera). And while I do get the occasional weird look( especially from dog owners when I ask for a picture of their pet), I feel as though I have kinda improved.  After about 10 shots, about 5-6 are... decent. ^_^

While it is officially summer has just now begun in the US, as highlighted by google's helpful "image-reminders" I am happy to report that there are indeed a few remnants of spring can still be found in the flowers that have not yet wilted.

So, while visiting a few friends, I figured I would try to capture of few of these beauties while I still can (best to do all these artsy  things when visiting, rather than in your own area; don't want the neighbors to give the ol'  " what a hippy...." stare, complete with disapproving head-shake, when you take pictures of flowers, or floating plastic-bags, and such : P ).  Enjoy!

Stop...thief! It's stealing the nectar :P



Swaying in the wind...




As you can see, both flowers were side by side. I like the way the other one appears in the background ^_^

 Let me know which image that you like best. ^_^

P.S. I think these "flowers are actually weeds now that I think about it...but they are still pretty so... :P

1 comment: