Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Sunsets

When one thinks of sunsets, the first images that come to mind are often those of wonderful beach scenes, where at sunset the sun and earth seem to meet harmoniously, signaling the end of the day.

Unfortunately I am nowhere near a beach right now, though on summer vacation....bummer...

Oh well....while strolling down the street yesterday, I couldn't help but think that sunset is indeed a wonderful time of day during a summer vacation, with or without a beach. It's that time of day where nature seems to be doing is final stroll down the catwalk for the day...

Weird imagery right.... nature and catwalk? Seems that they are better opposed than paired... natural verses artificial. Probably one too many episodes of Model's of the Runway or Top Model for the summer....but bear with my imagery for a bit.

With a perfectly timed, gentle gust of wind and just the right lighting, if you give it a chance, you are able to notice the intricate details in every day objects; like the particular shade and shape of single leaf on a tree, and how all those individual leaves work together to capture sunlight to help nurture that tree.








Deep right?

Even kinda ...magical...
                                   But I'm going to stay away from making similarities between nature and wizardry. ^_^


Anyway, I guess I sound even more like a mellow kinda old school hippie (minus the drugs though...I'm naturally high ^_^ ). Ahh, Summer will definitely do that to you.

In fact, it's been scientifically proven that there are lower rates of depression in the summer, verses the winter.
(Desperately trying to prove that I have been educated.)

Anyway, enjoy the pictures. I know the sun is glaring a bit in one of them, but I kinda liked it and wanted to share. I will try to get better sunset pictures in the future....perhaps on a beach ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment