Monday, June 13, 2011

Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the...to the...er... or maybe not ^_^

 In yet another attempt to encourage me to appreciate sports a bit more, I was recently taken to a baseball game. To be quite honest I did like the uniforms of both teams, and I did feel the energy created by the crowd;  I think one team was wearing pink to support breast-cancer awareness, so that will always make them cool in my book...whoever they were :P.

As you can probably guess by now, it was another failed attempt to get me to truly appreciate sports; but who knows, maybe the right sport will come along some day :P. I did manage to get a few good action pictures so, all in all, it was not a completely wasted day ^_^.

 Too bad there were no cheerleaders at this baseball game... 
I know you guys would have appreciated those pics ^_^



 Interesting tidbit that I learned; baseball had no cheerleaders until the 90's (in Southern California). Before the "typical female cheerleaders" where integrated into this sport, men had been assigned the duty of  pumping-up the crowd.  There are only a few teams that do have them, and unfortunately for you guys... 
there were none at this game... 

In the US teams such as the Angels,Blue Jays, Expos, Marlins and Padres do.
With the brief glimpses that I got, I think you guys would appreciate the Marlins...they have interesting uniforms. I can say though, that the cheerleaders for baseball in Argentina... are...well ... 
they are from Argentina... nuff said!

I'm just curious, does anyone know who would be America's best baseball university or college?
I was told that Arizona State has the best team, but I believe that information is biased since that team happens to have cheerleaders ô_o. Maybe the team is that good that they warrant cheerleaders, or perhaps these girls do an excellent job of cheering them on  ^_^.

I could only find out that University of Southern California has the best pitchers and University of Miami  has the best hitters, but that information is about three years old.Oh well.Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Comment below, let me know what's your favorite sport, if you like baseball, list your favorite team or just which sports team has the best cheerleaders  ^_^

3 comments:

  1. In my country there is'nt any Baseball such as Rugby, Hockey and other cool sports there is only Football but i dont like it i always wanted to go to a Baseball game tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been to a Baseball game either; not really a big sport in mah countreh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only big in the US of A. It's funny when people diss on football (soccer) when both team finished the game at 0-0 when in baseball players strike out all the time. They can't even play in the rain?

    This video will explain a lot

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om_yq4L3M_I

    ReplyDelete